A switch responds to an external force to mechanically change an electric signal. Switches are used to turn electric circuits ON and OFF and to switch electric circuits.
1. Circuit ON/OFF Operation
- The contacts are separated while the switch is not pressed, so the circuit is not connected and the lamp is not lit.
- When the switch is pressed, the contacts come into contact, closing the circuit and lighting the lamp.
2. Circuit Switching Operation
- While the switch is not operated, the lamp on circuit L1 is lit.
- When the switch is pressed, the circuit is switched so that the lamp on circuit L2 is lit.