Note for sale of Automotive relays and using catalogue
- 1. Selling for car makers and companies related to Automotive
- Omron and car makers or companies related to automotive confirm relay specifications and actual using condition to use relays safely. Tests are included when necessary.
- Omron can not sell or guarantee our automotive relays when we have not finished making contracts with Product Specification.
- 2. Selling for NO car makers or companies NOT related to automotive, and individual customers
- Basically, Omron can not sell our automotive relays for NO car maker or companies NOT related to automotive.
- Omron basically can not support for individual customers.
- 3. Safety Precautions for All Automotive Relays
- When you consider using our automotive relays or see our catalogue,
please confirm our Safety Precautions for All Automotive Relays in advance.
- When you consider using our automotive relays or see our catalogue,
G9EB-1-B-AQ DC Power Relay (20A type)
Capable of Interrupting Highvoltage, High-current Loads
- Utilize a unique gas-filled, fully sealed, non-ceramic
construction achieved by using resin with a metal
case. This reduces the need for special processing
and materials that were required with previous models,
and it result in cost-saving, downsizing and lightweight.
- Our own design of permanent magnet for ark
blowout achieved a nonpolar on the main contact
circuit (contact terminal). This improves
ease of wiring and installation, and become a
foolproof to pretend incorrect wiring.
Please confirm Omron Safety Precautions for all automotive relays first.
Omron can not guarantee automotive relays before finish making a contract with product specifications.
|Classification||Terminal form||Contact structure||Rated coil voltage||Type name|
|Coil terminals||Contact terminals|
|Switching / current|
|Screw terminals||Screw terminals||1a||DC12Ｖ|
|Rated voltage(V)||Rated current|
|DC 12||207||58||75% or less of rated|
|8% or more of rated|
|130% of rated|
(at 23°C within
|Rated load||DC400V 20A|
25A(at ambient temperature of 70°C)
|Maximum switching voltage||400V|
|Maximum switching current||25A|
|Contact resistance *1||30 mΩor less|
|Contact voltage drop||0.1V or less (at 25A)|
|Operating time||30 ms or less|
|Release time||15 ms or less|
|Between coil and contacts||1,000 MΩ or more|
|Between homopolar contacts||1,000 MΩ or more|
|Withstand voltage||Between coil and contacts||AC2,500V for 1min.|
|Between homopolar contacts||AC2,500V for 1min.|
|Vibration tolerance||Durability||5 to 200 to 5Hz Single amplitude 0.75mm (Acceleration: 2.94 to 88.9m/s2)|
|Malfunction||5 to 200 to 5Hz Single amplitude 0.75mm (Acceleration: 2.94 to 88.9m/s2)|
|Mechanical endurance*3||100,000 times or more|
|Resistance load||DC250V 25A 30,000times or more|
|DC400V 20A 5,000times or more|
|Condenser load||DC400V 35A(Inrush) 70,000 times or more|
|Short time carry current||40A (for 10 min)|
|50A (for 5 min)|
|Maximum interruption current||DC250V 100A (5 times)|
|Overload interruption||DC250V 50A (50 times or more)|
|Minimum load current||1A|
|Ambient temperature||-40 to +85°C(with no icing or condensation)|
|Ambient humidity||5% to 85%RH|
|Weight (including accessories)||Approx. 135g|
*1. Measurement condition: By voltage drop method at DC5V 1A.
*2. Measurement condition: By insulation resistance at DC500V.
*3. Test condition / Switching frequency: 3,600 times/hour.
*4. Test condition / Switching frequency: 60 times/hour.
Relay with Lead Wires G9EA-1-AQ
Take measures to prevent contact with charged parts when using the Relay for high voltages.
Precautions for Correct Use
1. Be sure to tighten all screws to the appropriate torque given below. Loose screws may result in burning due to abnormal heat generation during energization.
• M8 screws: 8.82 to 9.80 N·m
• M6 screws: 3.92 to 4.90 N·m
• M5 screws: 1.57 to 2.35 N·m
• M4 screws: 0.98 to 1.37 N·m
• M3.5 screws: 0.75 to 1.18 N·m
2. The G9EA, G9EC, G9ED and G9EH Relays' contacts have polarity.Be sure to perform connections with the correct polarity. If thecontacts are connected with the reverse polarity, the switching characteristics specified in this document cannot be assured.
3. Do not drop or disassemble this Relay. Not only may the Relay fail to meet the performance specifications, it may also result in damage,electric shock, or burning.
4. Do not use these Relays in strong magnetic fields of 800 A/m or higher (e.g., near transformers or magnets). The arc discharge that occurs during switching may be bent by the magnetic field,resulting in flash over or insulation faults.
5. This Relay is a device for switching high DC voltages. If it is used for voltages exceeding the specified range, it may not be possible to interrupt the load and burning may result. In order to prevent fire spreading, use a configuration in which the current load can be interrupted in the event of emergencies.
In order to ensure safety of the system, replace the Relay on a regular basis.
6. If the Relay is used for no-load switching, the contact resistance may increase and so confirm correct operation under the actual operating conditions.
7. These Relays contain pressurized gas. Even in applications with low switching frequencies, the ambient temperature and heat caused by arc discharge in the contacts may allow permeation of the sealed gas, resulting in arc interruption failure.In order to ensure safety of the system, replace Relays on a regular basis.
8. Do not use or store the Relay in a vacuum. Doing so will accelerate deterioration of the sealing.
9. With this Relay, if the rated voltage (or current) is continuously applied to the coil and contacts, and then turned OFF and immediately ON again, the coil temperature, and consequently the coil resistance, will be higher than usual. This means that the must operate voltage will also be higher than usual, exceeding the rated value ("hot start"). In this case, take the appropriate countermeasures,such as reducing the load current or restricting the energizing time or ambient operating temperature.
10.The ripple percentage for DC relays can cause fluctuations in the must-operate voltage or humming. For this reason, reduce the ripple percentage in full-wave rectified power supply circuits by adding a smoothing capacitor. Ensure that the ripple percentage is less than 5%.
11.Ensure that a voltage exceeding the specified maximum voltage is not continuously applied to the coil. Abnormal heating in the coil may shorten the lifetime of the insulation coating.
12.Do not use the Relay at a switching voltage or current greater than the specified maximum values. Doing so may result in arc discharge interruption failure or burning due to abnormal heating in the contacts.
13.The contact ratings are for resistive loads. The electrical endurancewith inductive loads is inferior to that of resistive loads. Confirm correct operation under the actual operating conditions.
14.Do not use the Relay in locations where water, solvents, chemicals, or oil may come in contact with the case or terminals. Doing so may result in deterioration of the case resin or abnormal heating due to corrosion or contamination of the terminals. Also, if electrolyte adheres to the output terminals, electrolysis may occur between the output terminals, resulting in corrosion of the terminals or wiring disconnections.
15.Be sure to turn OFF the power and confirm that there is no residual voltage before replacing the Relay or performing wiring.
16.The distance between crimp terminals or other conductive parts will be reduced and insulation properties will be lowered if wires are laid in the same direction from the contact terminals. Use insulating coverings, do not wire in the same direction, and take other measures as required to maintain insulation properties.
17.Use either a varistor, or a diode plus Zener diode as a protective circuit against reverse surge in the relay coil. Using a diode alone will reduce the switching characteristics.
18.Be sure to use the screws provided with the product for wiring coil terminals and contact terminals. The specified tightening torque cannot be achieved with different screws and may result in abnormal heat generation when energized.
Recommended Wire Size
G9EB-1-B-AQ : 5.5 mm2 min.
G9EA-1(-B)-AQ: 15 mm2 min.
G9ED-1(-B)-AQ: 38 mm2 min.
G9EC-1(-B)-AQ: 60 mm2 min.
G9EH-1:100 mm2 min.
*Note: Use flexible leads.