2JCIE-BL Environment Sensor - OMRON - Asia Pacific
Product Details Portlet
2JCIE-BL Environment Sensor
Sense a variety of environmental
- Sense your surrounding environment and helps you to assist your comprehensive assessment of indoor comfort
- Battery operable 46 x 39 x 15mm small package including 6 sensors
- Based on BluetoothR low energy, Sensor beacon can simplify the deployment
- Embedded memory for data logging can keep track of surrounding environments
*Environmental sensor is available in following areas only.
America, Europe, Japan, China, Taiwan
3 features of Environment Sensor 2JCIE
|Model||Appearance||Communication interface||Output data||Minimum packing unit (Unit: pcs)|
|2JCIE-BL01||Bluetooth®*1 low energy||Temperature, Humidity, Light, UV index*2, Barometric pressure, Sound noise, Discomfort index*3, Heat stroke warning level*3||1|
|2JCIE-BL01-P1||Bluetooth®*1 low energy||Temperature, Humidity, Light, UV index*2, Barometric pressure, Sound noise, Discomfort index*3, Heat stroke warning level*3||1|
- *1. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by OMRON Corporation is under license.
- *2. Information on UV Index is just for reference. And it may not be the same as that issued by public institutions.
- *3. Information for heat stroke and discomfort index are only guidelines to be used for air conditioning and physical condition management. An individual difference and physical condition will greatly affect an individual feeling. Sensor output is not to be used for determining the presence of symptoms. Use only as a guideline.
Warning levels for heat stroke may not be the same as those issued by public institutions.
|Power Supply||3 VDC (Lithium battery CR2032 × 1)||3 VDC|
|Sensors||Temperature, Humidity, Light, UV index*1, Barometric pressure, Sound noise|
|Interface||Bluetooth® low energy*2: GAP advertisement/Custom GATT profile|
|Communication Range||Approx. 10 m *3|
|Operating Temperature||−10 to 60°C|
|Operating Humidity||30 to 85%RH|
|Dimensions||Approx. 46.0 × 39.0 × 15.0 mm||Approx. 27.2 × 24.0 × 1.0 mm|
|Weight||Approx. 16 g (incl. battery)||Approx. 2.5 g|
|Absolute maximum ratings / Power supply||−0.3 to 3.6 V|
|Absolute maximum ratings / Output current||±20 mA|
|Absolute maximum ratings / Temperature||−20 to 70°C|
|Recommended operating condition / Power supply||2.7 to 3.3 V|
|Battery Life||Approx. 6 months*4 (5 min. measurement interval/one time per day connection)||-|
(Vcc = 5.0 V, Ta = 15 to 35°C if not specified)*4
|Temperature||−10 to 60°C||±2°C|
|Humidity||30 to 85%RH||±5%RH|
|Light||10 to 2000 lx||±100 lx|
|UV Index||0 to 11||For reference *1 *5|
|Barometric pressure||700 to 1,100 hPa||±4 hPa|
|Sound noise||37 to 89 dB||For reference*5|
- *1. Information on UV Index is just for reference. And it may not be the same as that issued by public institutions.
- *2. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by OMRON Corporation is under license.
- *3. Communication distance and battery life may vary according to obstacles between the communication equipment, radio wave conditions.
- *4. These values are specified under standard test condition, and do not guarantee the performance under the complex conditions.
- *5. These types of output are provided for referential use only, and these values do not guarantee the normal operation within that range.
To assure the correct use of the product basic safety measures should always be followed including the warnings and cautions listed in this document.
Warning: Improper use may result in death or serious injury.
- Keep the battery out of the reach of young children. If young children swallow the battery, immediately consult a doctor.
- Do not throw the battery into fire. The battery may explode.
- In places where radio communications are prohibited, remove the battery to turn off the Bluetooth®.
- Do not place the unit closer than 22 cm (9 inches) from implantable medical devices such as pacemakers.
- Keep the unit out of the reach of young children. If young children swallow any small piece, immediately consult a doctor.
- Please stop using the unit immediately, if there is strange smell or smoke from the unit.
- Do not subject the unit to extreme temperatures, humidity, moisture, or direct sunlight. Internal condensation due to severe change in temperature may cause malfunction.
- In high temperature or low temperature environment, battery life may be extremely short due to the characteristics of the battery used.
- Please do not leave in the car.
Prolonged exposure to the high temperature causes explosion, fire or malfunction of the internal battery.
Caution: Improper use may result in minor or moderate injury to the user or damage to the equipment.
*Property damage refers to damage related to houses and household belongings, as well as domestic animals and pets.
- Do not insert the battery with the polarities in the wrong direction.
- Always use the type of battery indicated.
- Remove the battery from this unit when you are not going to use it for a long period of time (approximately 3 months or more).
- Please read the instruction manual of your smartphone or tablet for the wireless communication.
- Do not replace the battery during the wireless communication.
- Do not swing the unit by the strap.
Swinging the unit while holding the strap may cause an injury.
- Do not use the unit in the field of strong electromagnetic waves and static electricity.
- This unit is not a measurement instrument.
The measured values must be treated as a reference, and do not use it for the purpose of verification or diagnosis.
Precautions for Correct Use
- Batteries are not a part of your regular household waste.
You must return batteries to your municipality's public collection or wherever batteries of the respective type are being sold.
- Dispose of the unit, battery, and components according to applicable local regulations.
Unlawful disposal may cause environmental pollution.
- Do not disassemble or modify the unit.
- Do not subject the unit to strong shocks or vibrations, drop it, step on it.
- Do not apply a strong force, twist, deflection and mechanical stress on the ring portion.
- Do not immerse the unit or any of the components in water. The unit is not waterproof. Do not wash it or touch it with wet hands. Be careful that water does not get into the unit.
Depending on the surrounding environment and the mounting position, the measured characteristic may vary. The measured values must be treated as a reference.
- Do not subject the unit to extreme temperatures, humidity, moisture, or direct sunlight.
- Do not subject the unit to water, oil or chemical materials.
- Do not use the unit where it will be exposed to dew condensation.
- Do not use the unit where it will be exposed to flammable gas or corrosive vapors.
- Do not use the unit where it will be exposed to dust, saline matter or iron powder.
- This Product operates in the unlicensed ISM band at 2.4 GHz. In case this Product is used around the other wireless devices including microwave and wireless LAN, which operate same frequency band of this Product, there is a possibility that interference occurs between this Product and such other devices.
- If such interference occurs, please stop the operation of other devices or relocate this Product before using this Product or do not use this Product around the other wireless devices.
- Due to the use of radio waves, third parties may intercept transmissions either deliberately or accidentally. Do not use this Product for matters related to vital secrets or human lives.
- Application examples provided in this document are just for reference. In actual applications, confirm its functions, limitations and safety before using this Product.
This product is designed and manufactured as a general-purpose item for general industrial products. Usage for the following applications is not intended and OMRON shall not provide any warranty for this product if customers in fact use this product for such applications.
- Applications requiring high levels of safety (Ex. Nuclear control equipment, combustion equipment, aviation/space equipment, railroad equipment, lift equipment, amusement park machinery, medical instruments, safety devices, and other applications that may cause the loss of life or injury)
- Applications requiring high reliability (Ex. Gas/water/electricity supply systems, systems that operate continuously for 24 hours, applications regarding rights and assets such as payment systems, etc.)
- Applications in severe conditions or environments (Ex. Equipment installed outdoors, equipment subjected to chemical contamination, equipment subjected to electromagnetic interference, equipment subjected to vibration and shock, equipment operated continuously for long period of time, etc.)
- Applications in conditions or environments not listed in these specifications
- In addition to the contents of (a) through (d) above, this product is also not designed for use with automobiles (including twowheel vehicles, the same applies hereinafter). Do not use for applications where mounted on automobiles. Ask your OMRON representative for details regarding products for mounting on automobiles.
This work was funded by ImPACT Program of Council for Science, Technology and Innovation (Cabinet Office, Government of Japan).
Program: “Innovative Cybernic System for a ZERO Intensive Nursing-care Society” (Program Manager: Yoshiyuki Sankai)